Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Planning a wedding can be an exciting and joyful experience, but it can also be stressful and overwhelming. With so many details to attend to, it's easy to forget about taking care of yourself. However, self-care is essential for your well-being, especially during this time of transition.
Let's explore self care options for brides to incorporate into the wedding planning process. From prioritizing sleep to practicing mindfulness, these tips will help you stay grounded, present, and relaxed throughout the entire journey. So sit back, relax, and let's dive into the world of self-care for brides!
10 Self Care Ideas
1. Avoid wedding talk when possible. Just because you're getting married doesn't mean it's the only thing you have to talk about. You can and should take breaks from discussing wedding details.
2. Remember that another bride's beauty doesn't take away from yours. If you catch yourself comparing yourself to other brides, stop! You are different. You are unique, and you're going to look lovely on your wedding day.
3. Delegate wedding tasks to friends and family. They can and often want to help!
4. Eat and sleep the amount that your body needs! You might be tempted to pull all nighters to create Pinterest decor or skip a meal because you're too busy, but you need to take care of your body!
5. Name something you're grateful for every single day.
6. Spend time alone (like a walk or a bath) and reconnect with your thoughts. It might feel like there are always people around when planning. Take time for yourself.
7. Feeling overwhelmed by your to-do list? Shift your attention to everything you've accomplished so far. You're doing great!
8. Compliment yourself. Go to the mirror right now and say something nice to yourself! It doesn't have to be appearance based. Make sure you're speaking kindly to yourself as often as you can.
9. Find support. On Facebook, you can join women-only, mental health or body positive groups (like mine!). Youtube is full of self-care education, and if things really get rough, talk to a counselor. There's no shame in finding support.
10. Go on a date with your partner. Don't forget what this wedding is all about - the love between you and your future spouse! Stress can come between you two, so make sure you stay connected and give each other support during wedding planning. Practice mindfulness and remember what this day is celebrating.
You're an awesome bride. You're doing your very best, and no matter what happens, you're marrying the love of your life. What could be better than that? Yes, wedding planning is stressful and there's a lot to do. You deserve self care and self love now more than ever, though. Don't put yourself on the back burner. You've got this!