We can all agree that quality time together is a prominent part in a relationship's success. Whether it's heading to a favorite restaurant or having a movie marathon at home, couples need time together to bond, grow and connect. The relationship you have with yourself is no different. If you really want to reconnect with yourself, you've gotta spend time one-on-one with yourself. Get in touch with your thoughts. Discover what hobbies or activities you like. Be kind to your body.
I know what you're thinking. "Alicia, I'm with myself ALL. THE. TIME." Yes, but there's a difference between existing in your body and actually devoting time to it. If you're ready to reconnect with your mind and body, you need to set aside time that's specifically meant for you. Alone time gives you a chance to reflect and process your day, brainstorm, spark creativity and get to know yourself.
You've got to date yourself, but spending time alone sounds daunting for a lot of us. Who has the time? Make yourself a priority, and find the time. You deserve it! Put it on the calendar or set a reminder on your phone. Once you're ready to date yourself, here's a few things you can do:
1. Take a 30 minute walk alone to gather your thoughts.
2. Soak in the tub and unwind, letting go of the day's stresses.
3. Take yourself out to dinner (it's not weird or scary!) This is a great way to try a place or food your partner isn't down for.
4. Take up a hobby like knitting or painting. Spending time alone doing a hobby is a form of mindful meditation, which helps build mental strength.
5. Rent a movie and watch it in peace. Put away your phone! Really pay attention and ask yourself what you like or dislike about the film.
6. Enjoy a manicure, pedicure or spa day on your own.
7. Get brunch at your fav cafe. Sip your coffee and eat your bagel solo.
8. Re-read your favorite book.
9. Go for a hike at a nature reserve. Bring your camera with. You never know what you'll see.
10. Try a new look. Watch a tutorial on a new way to style your hair and try something different with your makeup. If other people live in your home, make sure your door is locked. Pump up the tunes, light some candles, and play around with your style.
11. Cook yourself a new recipe. Spend time making something special for yourself.
12. Go get a tattoo!
Write yourself a love letter. Write down what you love about yourself, what your grateful for and what you can't wait to accomplish. When you're having a rough day, open up that letter.
13. Rent an AirBNB for a night in your town or one nearby, and enjoy a one day staycation.
14. Head to a museum. It's a quiet, peaceful place, and you'll learn a lot!
15. A solo video game date night? Yes! Set aside a few hours to grind out your favorite video game that you haven't had a chance to play in a while.
Any of these dates sound awesome to you? Do you have a different idea? I'd love to hear it. Boudoir shoots make for an awesome self date, as well. Set up your session here.